AAUW HAGERSTOWN BRANCH SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: February 29, 2020
Application form can be found at this link.
For those reapplying to be considered for renewal of a scholarship, please complete the AAUW Scholarship Renewal Application found at this link.
AAUW Scholarships will be awarded to students who attend a four-year accredited college/university or attend Hagerstown Community College with plans to continue on for a Baccalaureate Degree. The scholarship criteria for tuition assistance provided by the Hagerstown Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) are:
1. The applicant must be a female resident of Washington County, Maryland, and be in definite need of financial assistance. A suggested guideline for a family of four would be an approximate income of $60,000 or less.
2. The applicant must have maintained a 3.25 GPA in high school (or its equivalent in an AP course) or a 3.0 GPA the previous year in college.
- For Scholarship Renewal Applications: The applicant must have maintained a 3.0 GPA in college in past year
In addition to the criteria the applicant must submit the following:
3. Completed Application
4. A transcript must be included to substantiate the GPA. If graduation from high school occurred more than five years ago, recent college test scores are acceptable substitutes.
5. Most recent personal federal income tax return – If the applicant is a dependent (living with parents or claimed as a dependent on a parent’s income tax return), a copy of the parents’ most recent income tax form(s) must be provided. If the tax return has not been completed in time, other proof of income will be considered.
6. A letter of recommendation is required from an adult who can attest to leadership qualities, citizenship standards, financial need and other pertinent information. For example, persons giving a reference might include a teacher, guidance counselor, school administrator, work or volunteer supervisor, and/or clergy.
- For Scholarship Renewal Applications: A personal letter written by the applicant stating your current status, use of the monies, and future plans. This could include reasons for pursuing higher education/area of study, identifying persons who have inspired you in these endeavors, and plans to utilize your education to assist the community.
7. A personal letter written by the applicant is required stating financial need, college/university choice, and vocational plans. Include reasons for pursuing higher education/area of study and identify persons who have inspired you in these endeavors as well as plans to utilize your education to assist the community.
8. A copy of the letter of acceptance from the chosen college is required.
- For Scholarship Renewal Applications: A copy of the letter of acceptance from the chosen college is required, if transferring.
No consideration for this AAUW scholarship will be given unless all of the above items are submitted to Kelly Weaver, 15911 Stagbush Ct, Hagerstown, MD 21740, no later than February 29, 2020. All applicants will receive a submission confirmation via email. This email does not guarantee a scholarship. Students’ applications will be screened. Finalists will be invited for a personal interview with the scholarship committee. Questions may be directed to Kelly Weaver at 301-223-1595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.